View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2011, 7:11 PM

I don't know about new construction, but i've been wondering about this project:

Quote:
Project Information
Emery & Sons Construction, Inc., a contractor for the Oregon Department of Transportation, began work in March 2009 on the OR 217 Modernization project. The total project cost is $42 million with $35.5 million designated for construction. The project will take place on OR 217 from TV Highway to U.S. 26 (Sunset Highway) and will include the following elements:

* Adding a third northbound through lane on OR 217 from the TV Highway on-ramp to the Sunset Highway
* Building retaining walls and improving drainage on OR 217
* Paving and striping the project area and all the OR 217/U.S. 26 interchange ramps
* Lengthening the Wilshire Street overpass to accommodate the wider highway
* Improving visibility and safety on the Wilshire Street off-ramp in the OR 217/U.S. 26 interchange
* Restriping OR 217 southbound to add an auxiliary lane from the Wilshire Street on-ramp to the Walker Road off-ramp
* Widening the Walker Road off-ramp from OR 217 northbound.

Once complete, motorists will have three northbound through lanes between TV Highway and the Sunset Highway. The additional northbound lane will help eliminate the weaving that occurs between TV Highway and Walker Road as motorists are simultaneously entering and exiting the highway. In addition, sight distance and safety will be improved when traveling between OR 217 northbound and U.S. 26 eastbound.
does anyone from the area have any info on it? i couldn't find any recent updates, but i'm wondering about how safety and sight distance via the 217. Was 'weaving' a main reason for the lack of sight distance and safety or were there other main factors that caused problems with this, and also, what were some of the main issues via safety at the exit ramps? Confused about these things because i can't find much about the reasons for these on the website, only news that there was a problem and that things are currently progressing.