View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 2:39 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Could be ~700. Keep in mind that the ESB is away from it so as objects move away from a central point, often there is a parallax error in height judgement.

If you look carefully and think about that concept, it doesn't really approach 900 feet.

Try to visualize it 3d in your mind. Build an imaginary bridge between the two and visualize the ESB behind that tower (from you as the viewers point of view on the pc screen) at a false position right in front of the proposal.

Eh its hard to explain, but if your good at visualizing 3d in your mind in terms of height, and depth knowing the ESB's true height, you'll see it without doing a trig calculation.
I was taking the distance/angle into account but if you look straight at ESB you can tell the photo was probably taken around 550-600' up (The ESB's 72nd floor setbacks are 850' feet high for reference)...

It's a render so it might not even be entirely accurate in any case but if it is 700 it seems very skinny for that proportion. It's such a cool building I hope it ends up higher.

It reminds me of another proposal which I think is dead, it was 937' and had a bunch of gardens and a crazy design (I forget what it was called if anyone can remember).