View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 6, 2008, 10:26 PM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
yea but jimj alowing these incedents to blemish an area and to stop patranizing it leeds to dead areas that become even more unsafe

we need to get rid of the drug dealers for one though.......... the city should go after these dealers for not having a proper buines licence for one lol
On my recent trip to Singapore, I immediately noticed the benefits of having an extremely low crime rates, which Singapore enjoys. The downtown is busy day and night with people. Young women dressed up, walking around Clark Quay or Boat Quay with little sign of concern for there safety. People enjoying the urban lifestyle without crime.

There is no drug problems there, as the penality for dealing drugs is a death sentence. Its basic and fair in my view. Sadly the justice system in Canada is willing to risk the lives of society to protect the crime trade.

In Singapore most crimes are met with severe penalities (no probation for auto theft), the result is little to no crime in the whole city (over 4.5 million people). People know if you want o break the law you shouldn't consider Singapore.

One of the things that suprised me the most, is the limited police presence in the city. I didn't see a police vehilce until my third day. I guess they realize the cost benefit of such low crime rates.