View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 10:05 PM
No grabbing my banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
So the entire NYC transit enthusiast/strategist community is bummed NYCT didn't keep the F/M swap permanent after 63 St reopened. It should be obvious the E/F should run through the 53 St tunnel but until they start running better 6 Av local M service especially evenings/weekends they have a reason to keep the F on 63 St, but longer term the swap needs to be done.
I don't mind that for the weekends, even if 53 St station is 10 blocks further from me than 63 St. It was good to have increased frequency of either E or F trains going to Queens.

The issue with 63 St are the elevators at 3rd Av. They are simply terrible considering how new they are. Their doors are slow to close and open, slow to go up and down, and often have service issues where they don't even stop at your floor. So once you arrive outside at 3rd Av & 63 St, you'd need to bank at least 3-4 minutes extra to get to the lowest floor (Queens and Uptown-bound trains) because of how slow the elevators are. I've missed weekend trains because of them and needed to wait another 10+ minutes for the next one.