View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 16, 2006, 8:32 PM
Closed account

I like Victorian and Queen Anne homes. If I had the money to buy one, but couldn't find one in a location I wanted, I might would build a "replica". Would there be anything wrong with that ? Not in my book. Because it dosen't have to be old or historic, I just like the style plain and simple. When I get the money, I'm buying a new Mustang. They might not be original, but I like the retro look. Nothing wrong with that either in my book. What's wrong with having best of both worlds, a new car with a nice classic look. Call me what you like, but if I like something, I like it. It shouldn't matter when it was built, as long as I like the style. What if a lot of these inner city neighborhoods built cutting edge architecture for infill ? That would look stupid imo. Then again, people gripe about the bland suburbs, but if they would have carried on the tradition of building neighborhoods like their inner city counterparts, they wouldn't be so bland. Then again, some people would still bitch about the burbs being "cheap replicas". If they would have poured more money into the materials, some would bitch about the neighborhoods being to costly and slow to build, "why not take advantage of modern massed produced building techniques ?" Theres just no pleasing some people, it's damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Last edited by Exodus; Jul 16, 2006 at 8:39 PM.