View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 15, 2022, 9:38 PM
BANNED

The numbers are on Stats Can’s website, I’ve seen them there before. There’s also been various news reports on it over the years. Anyways, it certainly shows a different reality to the Sask Party’s supposed superiority in running this province and shows how commodity prices have more to do with our “success” than anything else, while failing to maintain that post-boom (migration was a net positive prior to the Sask Party first being elected in late 2007, tracking the boom in oil and potash prices).

As far as Covid goes, it has resulted in the opposite of what you’re suggesting. In fact, it resulted in a lot of people changing jobs or retiring (I’m sure you have heard of the “great resignation” and the supposed “labor shortage”), and relocating as a result. I saw a story that suggested rural population growth outpaced urban for the first time in history (like you, I can’t seem to find it right now). I guess we will soon see where our province fits in that.

Edit: found an article that talks about the rural population growth and other recent population statistics here.

Last edited by djforsberg; Jan 15, 2022 at 10:13 PM.