View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I decline because I'm not gonna feed peoples addictions (and I don't carry cash). I donate my money to the Siloam mission to help the homeless.

I personally know someone who was robbed in Tyndall Park. Also know someone who was robbed in Transcona. Also know someone who was robbed in the Maples. Better lock up your daughters.

How about statistics. Less than 10% of assaults takes place in downtown. Despite 70,000 people going downtown to work daily, 15000 living downtown, plus many thousands more going for events at the arena. The problem is perception. Downtown does not have a huge crime problem in relation to the number of people who frequent it vs other neighbourhoods.

The problem is you seeing impoverished aboriginals and referring to them as "those people" and assuming they're assaulting everyone.
You just called the people asking for change drug addicts. lol I never even mentioned that. I also never said crime was only a problem downtown. Sad reality is crime is a problem in many parts of Winnipeg. We lead the country in homicides per capita. How ever this thread is about portage place. I also never mentioned peoples race, you mentioned aboriginals. If you want to make this about race that's on you. I am actually part native.