View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2020, 6:18 AM
El Guátqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
My goodness this symbolism of the original WTC has been the biggest albatross for this whole complex. You want symbolism... how about WTC1 being 2,001 feet tall? Whoever thought up 1,776 should have been eyerolled out of the room and I see no reason at all the memorialize the random technical height of the original towers unless it's a subtle reference on the new towers on their way up to higher roof heights.
We were all feeling rather sentimental at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigher View Post
The observation chat is interesting. Remember they have all that competition coming from midtown. I mean the HY's one is amazing inside and out and as I've said before gives off more of a WOTW vibe than 1WTC's offering in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
And it would be a money maker like the rest of the decks. I don't know that Silverstein doesn't have some unwritten agreement with Durst. But tower 2 should at least have a Windows on the World type restaurant.
Pending the new design, 2WTC will be in position to have the very best observation deck/restaurant views over downtown, Liberty Island, the Brooklyn Bridge, etc. None of the Midtown decks can really compete with that in the same way. And the only thing 1WTC would possibly partially block the view of from the top of 2WTC is... New Jersey. Furthermore, the construction of 2WTC would interfere significantly with the eastward views from the 1WTC observation level, reducing its appeal.

Putting an amenity of this sort atop 2WTC looks like a no-brainer to me.