View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 5:05 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Wow another topic destined to divide us into in-fighting. Which Russian troll started this one?
This seems to be one where we have a lot of agreement. BC FTW! Anyway, the other threads you allude to tend to be dominated by a few posters who just want to duke it out with each other - you'd have better luck with the Isreali-Palestinian negotiations than convincing anyone there. Those threads don't have debate, they just are arguments of people who won't change their minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
Growing up in the Great Lakes I can say the beaches here are very warm in July and August. It's weather dependent of course , but Wasaga Beach is extremely warm, as is Sauble Beach, Grand Bend/Pinery Park Beach, all of the beaches on Lake Erie, and even some in Lake Ontario near Cobourg/Sandbanks. They usually surpass 75F in any given summer, and many times approach 80F or even 85F if we have a big hot spell.

I find many people who grow up in Ontario take its beauty for granted. They focus on the boring parts and for whatever reason that stays engraved in their mind, and they are oblivious to the beauty. Whether it's Niagara Falls, the thousands of large swimmable beaches (and some of these beaches have ocean style waves- Sauble- so Im not talking about dinky little ponds), the cottage meca bedrock of the Muskoka's, the massive boating industry, the escarpment, the fishing, the wineries, etc.
I don't think anybody said Ontario wasn't beautiful, for the most part. I think the spectacular is what drives people. Ontario does have some spectacular, but it also has a lot of 'nice' too. The spectacular bits are separated by lots of nice but unspectacular. It's just such a damned big province.