View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2015, 9:21 AM

post # 405--- excuse my interjection, but i was a former mountain brook, hoover, and vestavia hills, and several years, through school, living on the mountain in homewood. i have always loved metro birmingham, particularly mt.
brook. ihave many grat and very close friends there to this day. many of them have visited memphis and seen the unbelievable changes going on throughout the entire metro. memphis has a 0 surplus of rental property in the business district, also, none available in the pinch district nor in the crosstown district. s.
main district is putting up single dwelling as fast as possible, and approximately 175 new apts, in the form of 5 and 6 story buildings. 25 apts for one, two, and 3 bedroms were put up first, but they were filled before they could be finished. several ofther large housing projects are on line to be finished by the summer. a 46 skyscraper is being completely refurbished inside and out, in order to convert half of the building to living quarters and the other half will be designated for a well-kown hotel. memphis had been told over several years ago that it was short 1200 hotel rooms in the business district, and more than that number in unavailable rental and purchase housing. i think it is likely that b'ham is a bit like memphis, perhaps some of the naysayers hoping the ham was down, and she wouldn't get up. uab medical center has helped downtown tremendously. i hope that the green colored building will become a reality. it is beautiful in both color and style. best of luck to a beautiful town.