View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXlifeguard View Post
Instead of using completely subjective criteria to determine its value (like the number of apartment complexes in its way, or commercial properties it serves, or process of completion,) one should look at the facts. WP was, and is intended to be a cross-town reliever for 410 and 1604. A careful examination of any map will show you that there is no way to go from anywhere on I-10 between 410 and 1604 and I-35 between 410 and 1604 without having to go all the way up to 1604 or down to 410. 410 can only get so wide, and it doesn't make sense to push traffic towards 1604, so by building a limited-access parkway through the middle section of north-central SA, the thought is that they can take a good enough size chunk of traffic off of 410 and 1604, which would have the same effect of adding extra lanes to those freeways.
TXlifeguard,

The discussion about Wurzbach has intrigued us here at News 4 WOAI. We are planning to air a story on it tonight (Tuesday, 27th.) You seem to know a lot about it. Any chance we could meet with you for an interview?

Email me at jeffcoyle@woai.com if you're interested. Thanks.