View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2010, 5:13 AM
JoeCooper

Not only can't I get enough photos of this one, but that last photo is striking for several reasons including the angle from the north in which it is taken! I love the tall, taller, tallest effect in which it has (tall, taller, tallest being the GE Building, then the BOA, then the Empire State Building. Puts it all into the perfect context from that location! Hell, you could even say that with the buildings from the west moving east such as the NYTT, then the Conde Naste, then the BOA, with the tallest finally being the Empire State Building. I know antennas are not included in height, but still it blends in with that scheme perfectly!

Regarding the picture with the Durst Brothers, we could have had an observatory on the 51st floor (810 feet above street level and still higher than the Chrysler's original 71st floor observatory which is at 783 feet above street level) and a possible second observatory on the 58th floor (910 feet). Both of them would offer outstanding views of Times square and put you right in the heart of NYC! Perfect mix of great height and views!!!

What I wouldn't give for a tour of the building...

Last edited by CHAPINM1; Feb 17, 2010 at 5:35 AM.