View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 12:16 AM

Alright, this is going to be a really small update. I haven't had much time to shoot photos lately. These are all from November 24th:

Downtown

Demo of Michigan Mutual Liability Annex for TCF Tower is well underway. Check out how the floors hit the front facade. The windows aren't lined up with the floors at all, in fact some of the floors come in at the middle of a window. So strange.

City Club Apartments CBD Detroit, Park and Bagley

Park Avenue facade

Ground floor work at Book Tower. Most construction being done now seems to be interior work. They have been returning the first floor back to its original appearance, though, removing the mid century storefronts.

Downtown's Holiday Inn Express is being renovated into a Hotel Indigo

Demolition continues at Joe Louis Arena

A tower crane has been erected for the Buhl Building reno

6 Salon is now open at 1441 Woodward

Poppin Top Hat Popcorn has opened at 1376 Broadway in the Merchants Building. Looks good.

The strange intersection of Gratiot, Randolph, Broadway and Clinton Street that was mostly closed off to traffic when Spirit Plaza was announced, has had a permanent plaza built over the lanes on the east side of Randolph between Gratiot and Monroe. This was definitely needed. Hopefully they eventually add some greenery or a statue or something. I know it just looks like a curb in this photo. I plan on getting better photos eventually. Random history lesson: in the 20th century this intersection was called Peninsular Square and Pingree Square at different times.

Tin Roof is finally under construction in the former Cheli's space.

New Center

Redesigned streets are reopened around Brigitte Harris Cancer Pavilion. This looks east on W. Milwaukee with the Brigitte Harris garage on the left. I like the protected bike lane.

[IMG][/IMG]
The skybridge connecting Brigitte Harris and the main Henry Ford buildings is under construction

6538 Woodward

Eastside

St. Charles Terraces, Islandview

The Colonial, E. Lafayette and Parker

The Clay Center, Mack and Elmwood