View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVTiger View Post
That lot (corner Monroe/Clinton) is owned by a hotel development company.
It is a very small lot along with a small section over the parking garage owned by the city. Would think any hotel would need to be at least 8-10 floors and a substantial modification to that side of the parking deck.
Hampton Inn and Suites is planning a hotel downtown, that may be the location. When construction will start is not known at this time but spring summer could be possible.

While Hampton is not known foe architectural wonders they can be a little interesting.
Expect something like this maybe, this would be looking east with Clinton on the left and Monroe in the front.
This is all conjecture at this point, this image is from the hotel in Memphis.
Only thing is this is somewhat dated and there really would need to be a skywalk connected to the VBC.
When construction starts on the VBC next month will be interesting to see if they design for a future skywalk.
How about that!!! A chain hotel going thru the expense of adding balconies! I make it a rule, I never stay in any hotel/motel without a balcony, so my choices are limited when traveling. 2nd to that, a rooftop deck!

Got spoiled rotten on my trips to Central/South America as even the 1 and 2 star motels add balconies, and many provide a rooftop deck for a 360 degree views of the city.