View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2019, 4:49 AM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post
At the same time that would be lots of businesses shutting down killing lot of jobs.. i imagine theyll relocate or maybe the new owner will keep it a mall but add residences over top of it and than renovate the rest of it
What jobs? Most of the retail outlets are just mobile sales shops BellMTS, ROGERS, Telus, etc... There is already an oversupply of those in other malls in the metro area.

I agree that the mall should be bulldozed. Bye bye Food Court. Save the clock, which is from the 19th century City Hall. Build regular street front retail (no cell phone stores!). Put a Harry Rosen or Tip Top, Polo Ralph Lauren, H&M. Discourage riff raff from hanging around "north Portage area" around former Portage Pl. mall. Constant Police walking patrols and / or Downtown BIZ Patrol.

IMAX I would not miss. Most of the movies any movie these days are just rehashed Marvel comics or Depicable Me CGI cartoonish stuff. Nothing special. Who goes to the movies anymore? I wanna see the new Chucky movie, but I know only a small handful will show up.

Residential and offices. But make the residential condos. rather than apartments so to keep OUT the riff-raff.