View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric cantona View Post
This is my biggest fear. Even if the owners allow it to wallow along without any anchor tenants it will eventually turn into a blighted space. Whatever happens, it will take years, or decades, before any plans are realized.

I am beginning to be concerned with the idea of prioritizing a stadium here, too. I believe this to be the best possible site for it, but leaving a big chunk of land in the district (assuming demo of the mall) for something that MIGHT happen is a big risk.
A stadium would be great in this location, but one of the (often under-appreciated) things that makes mega projects work, is all the small scale investment that precedes them. In my view this is why the AAT projects in the area have struggled. We need entrepreneurs to open interesting businesses in the neighborhood, a good food cart pod, a few scrappy wood frame housing projects, etc. You need a baseline level of vitality in the surrounding neighborhood for a mega project to be successful. So far at least the Lloyd district doesn't have this.

Last edited by AdamUrbanist; Jan 27, 2021 at 5:13 PM.