View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 24, 2019, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
Top heavy buildings seem unnatural. When I see the rendering with it adjacent to Cira I must say it looks good. I like to think it is responding to Cira and it's shapes. They compete for attention but compliment each other. Difficult to do with Cira's unique lines. Stacked boxes seem to be a theme popping up on skylines across the world.
I like that the 2 new proposals are separate and not a huge homogenized project. I like the attention given to street level.
Like always it will come down to finish materials. They will undoubtedly use the latest materials available.
Overall I'll take it.

I also like that it's planned 100% as an office building. Not that I don't like mixed used buildings...I do. But it often feels like the uses are hodge podged together because no single use is strong enough to warrant financing.

This seems to be an unabashed affirmation of Brandywine's belief in the need for more commercial space in the submarket, and I like it. Even the next building over has a significant office component. I think they already have tenant's up their sleeves.

They must.

Between these two towers, the MLB tower on Market, and the Chubb Building up in Logan Square...it is nice to see a critical mass of office construction coming down the pike. Now, if only we could get the SOM proposal off the ground at 13th&Market...in many ways, I think that's the best of them all.