Thread: Snout Houses
View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 7:38 PM
The Vomit Bag.

My first house (that I bought) was a snout house. The house was basically a tunnel with most of the windows on the back (and one in the front). So were all the other houses on the street. With about 6 feet between each house, on 40 ft wide lots. It was hideous then and now. And it is true that most people just fill up their garages with crap so they cannot fit their car inside. Especially since most of the people on the street drove fugly hulking pickup trucks (never seem to be hauling anything, mind you). Some families owned two or three pickup trucks. There may be nothing uglier (or soul-sucking) in the universe than three pickup trucks parked side-by-side on a driveway built for two cars, in front of a snouthouse, on a cold dark winter's day.

I am glad to have moved out of snouthouseville. The street that I live on currently is infinitely nicer. Alas still too many people drive fugly hulking pickup trucks.

Along with the ubiquity of the snouthouse, the extreme popularity of huge hulking pickup trucks is a symbol that the end is nigh.