View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 9:19 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierremoncton View Post
Thoughts?

I'd say amalgamation and the elimination (or reduction) of duality, but I don't even have a slight idea of how much these changes could save. According to cbc.ca commenters, duality costs trillions of dollars, but I don't know if I should trust them...
I'd love to see a Provincial Government that is actually proactive in improving the province and cutting costs rather than holding roundtables to discuss doing so. Boudreau can use the same old lines all he wants but if they don't actually do anything what's the point?

Amalgamation is possible but i'm not sure how much overlapping and duplicated services are costing municipalities/province on an annual basis. Some politicians i've spoken to have discussed regionalizing services more than amalgamating as people who live in rural areas dislike the idea of amalgamating with larger urban centres. I think there are some people in this province who feel as though they can live in the woods, expect all the services of a proper municipality, and then cover their eyes and ears as the province's financial situation worsens.

One thing I would get on board with is allowing French and English students to ride the same school buses (!!!) as they each get their own for oftentimes similar routes, particularly now that Franco schools are being built in primarily Anglo areas of the province (Quispamsis, Fredericton). Boudreau has already shot this idea down, though.