View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 11:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post
Nyguy, could you also capitalize the letter b??
Why not, I'll throw it in for free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze23 View Post
I so agree with you. Nothing says Gotham more than downtown manhattan, it just has more of a New York feel than midtown. I hope a new tower will rise down there and reclaim the skyline the way that fraud (1WTC) couldn't.
The streets of Midtown, with its grid, have a unique aspect of New York as well. The randomness of the streets in the financial district offer more of a mystery, you never know what skyscraper is lurking "just around the bend". You become more intimate with the skyscrapers. Used to love it on weekends when no on else was around, but things have been changing rapidly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro View Post
Whatever design they come up with, it had better make that Beaver "thing" look a helluvalot less like the horrid accident that it's turned out to be.
It would make sense for them to go as high as possible, with the recent and coming residential towers, especially the conversions. I would love to have something tall enough to add a little balance to the lower Manhattan skyline, but we may be getting to far ahead of ourselves. Still, it would be nice to see Downtown answer the residential supertalls of Midtown.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.