View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2020, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Tower 1 isn't going to cause a carmageddon traffic problem. Related knows that and Reilly knows that. Chances are that a good percentage of units in the building will end up being occupied only sometimes - maybe as second homes/pied-a-terres, maybe as company-owned units for housing guests.

The people who do live here, either full-time or part-time, will likely walk a lot, like other downtown residents... 1/4 mi to Target, 1/2 mi to Whole Foods, Mariano's or Bockwinkels. Rail transit is not convenient at all, so expect a lot of Uber/Lyft trips or private car trips... but the building is set up to load passengers from Lake Shore Drive and LSD only, so it wouldn't affect the neighborhood one bit.
I tell you with Reilly in the details this whole project is becoming more speculative each day.It seems like everytime you settle in to the adjustments, another shoe drops. With his micro-managing of 400 N. Lake Shore Drive its becoming more of a journey to nowhere than a done deal. I believe if Related didn't have so much invested, time/land they would probably be tempted to walk away from this project. Yes surely I may be overreacting as I sometime do but it seems this development is so far from the enthusiasm it first gendered.