View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2020, 4:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity View Post
they have red carpets, a lot of restaurants have valets...it's the type of place that girls wear tight black dresses to and take photos with bellinis. It's targeted mostly to young people looking to feel fashionable, like they're in the 21st century version of a Mad Men dinner hall.
Ehhh..

I told myself I'd lurk responsibly, but as a local millenial (not that I claim to speak for my whole generation), the "sexy servers and VIP treatment" thing isn't what's hot right now, not among what the industry likes to call "millenial trendsetters". That kind of stuff is squarely in the realm of Gen Xers who like to "work hard, play hard" and high five each-other about the waitress with the nice ass. I haven't been to a Cactus Club, but purely from your description, it sounds more "Brad Gross" than "affluent hipsters". That market definitely still exists in the contemporary generation of young adults, but it's not "the new hotness" or fashionable. More of a "I'm going to be like my rich dad" kind of vibe.