View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2014, 5:38 AM
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiphile View Post
This isn't Milwaukee or Indianapolis--it won't be visible for miles and miles or dominate the skyline or the major postcard views, we're talking 10 stories people. At this scale, being a little adventurous is warranted.
I think we could all agree with you that being adventurous with this design is warranted. At this scale and surrounded by buildings of a much grander scale and style this design becomes an anthill.

Quote:
The responses I'm seeing here are typical of something different and challenging.. over time however, I think this can become an icon on its own.
Or the responses are disappointed because this design is something that's typical and unchallenging.

Quote:
For a building whose sole purpose is to pay tribute to imagination, the last thing I want to see is more straight lines. This is great and perfectly fitting.
Straight lines are beautiful when done well but I don't think many of those who aren't thrilled with this proposal think clean lines would be right for this particular project. I for one love buildings that disrupt the environment and truly transform architecture. This is a speed bump, err anthill amongst architectural giants (and a sweeping lakefront).

I'll be looking forward to the next round of renderings.