View Single Post
Old Posted May 1, 2019, 8:22 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldurhamer View Post
right now property owners and developers are converting LOW income housing into the "middle" $400K condo crap for which was just advocated.

why are you coming at me for this? you want more unaffordable bullshit and i want to protect the true poor people in the neighborhood.

beyond that, i understand that space is limited and we all can't just have magic low income housing appear in areas that are already fully built out.
People aren't advocating for the $400K, 1-bedroom condo crap when they're talking about the missing middle. They're talking about the modern equivalent of the duplexes, triplexes, quads, and <10 unit apartments that you can't build in the vast majority of the city. That maybe can be built and sold in the $200K range to allow lower income individuals and families the choice of either getting into certain city neighborhoods or making the choice to move out to the burbs for additional sq footage or lot size. This is stuff that should be built in Crestmoor, Stapleton, Hilltop, Virginia Vale, Wash Park, Highlands, Cole, Whittier, etc. All neighborhoods should have these developments, unless something of a larger size makes sense such as downtown, RiNo (errr... Five Points), Cherry Creek, Uptown, LoDo, etc.

Or we can keep on putting pressure on the lower income brackets, leave some subsidized housing for a few true poor people, and really generate some income inequality in the city.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein