View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2015, 6:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
I don't think that it would be converted within our lifetime, especially to a boutique brand which would require more renovations than say, an upgrade from a Garden Inn to a plain Hilton Hotel.

It really sucks that a boutique or lifestyle hotel wasn't pursued, because the great draw of Hotel Monroe was how it added so many new, upscale nightlife destinations. People are attracted to unique bars and lounges in those kinds of hotels; a Hilton Garden Inn will be hard-pressed to find anything remotely upscale for its retail space... I hope they are at least somewhat nightlife-oriented.
Not disagreeing but downtown Denver has a HGI kitty corner from the south (less prime) end of the convention center. When I Googled to check my recall a popup was advertising $309 a night - good grief; maybe there's a convention in town? They do claim boutique status.

Forget who the developer was but they grabbed that site early before anybody knew how successful the new convention center would become. If built today it would be twice as high and a different brand. In fact White Lodging is finishing up a 21 story dual-branded Hyatt a block further away. Oh well.

They may be pushing to establish more presence in downtown's as another one is due to break ground in the new Union Station neighborhood this year, although not in a prime spot.