View Single Post
Old Posted May 24, 2006, 5:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgwah
It would be interesting if you could find the numbers. But I think you're a bit off with the population ratio? In the 2000 census, Metro Seattle had 3.5 million people and Spokane was less than 500,000, so I think the population ratio was more like 7-8:1. If so, then the numbers would be about the same as the ones am I remembering, with Spokane getting ~75 cents for every dollar it sends to the state govt and Seattle getting 99 cents.

I believe the populations used were for the City of Seattle v. the City of Spokane, and that in fact is fairly close to 3:1

Well, considering the Supreme Court made that illegal, you're gonna have to keep dreaming.

That's what I've heard...but I've never actually researched the issue. Regardless...even if it's true...that's what Constitutional Amendments are for...

But really, that is a horrible idea. 2,000 people in Garfield County having as much representation as nearly 2 million in King County?

Right...makes as much sense as allowing Wyoming to have an equal voice to California...might as well scrap the Federal system too

We'd never let you get away with it, mwahaha.
Now here is a truism....