View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 9:52 PM

Very nice I didn't catch those when you posted them but it's definitely been a while since I've seen a Pontiac update.

Btw this is one of the most interesting super-far shots of downtown I've seen in a while.

Quote:
Renovations give Southfield Town Center new leases

By KIRK PINHO
Crain's Detroit Business
March 18, 2018

It's not been an easy road for the New York City owners of the region's second-largest office complex, the Southfield Town Center.

Four years ago this month, 601W Cos. said it would embark on a $50 million renovation of the 2.2 million-square-foot complex off the Lodge Freeway consisting of five sparkling office buildings the company purchased in 2014 for $177.5 million. Those renovations, now totaling about $56 million including tenant improvements, are about to enter their third and final phase with an upgrade to the sprawling atrium, expected to begin later this year.

The tough part? The landlord is competing with downtown Detroit for prime tenants and has lost a handful of household names to Dan Gilbert's buildings and allure, including Microsoft Corp., Fifth Third Bank of Eastern Michigan and Ally Financial, which had seriously considered leasing a big block of space at Southfield Town Center.

Still, it has attracted HelloWorld Inc.; Tessellate, a business unit of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan offering other health plans Medicare risk adjustment and quality programs; and some key expansions of flagship tenants like Alix Partners LLC. In all, says Clarence Gleeson, the Transwestern senior vice president who leads leasing and management for the complex, occupancy is now approximately 71 or 72 percent, not that much higher than when 601W purchased it.
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ter-new-leases

Says the pot to the kettle in a moment of self projection