View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2015, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
what exactly did they say to you? how were you "shook down"? did they make any direct or indirect threats to you?
"That's an awful nice three flat ya got there, it'd be a shame if anything were to happen to it..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Maybe I'm stupid or ignorant, but I frankly don't see what Garcia or Fioretti have to offer as Mayor. At. All. Fioretti is an abject POS panderer, in my book, with no redeeming qualities - he just appears to be an extremely bitter, apathetic ole queen who represents the decadent status quo worse than someone like Rahm. And I really don't know much about "Chuy", other than his childish nickname, regardless of provenance. Wilson and Walls just seem to be wasting everyone's time.
They don't have anything to offer except mopping up the "anyone but Rahm" vote for their own long term political gain. Seriously, everyone knows Rahm is going to win. Every candidate who is running has nothing to lose by pissing Rahm off and is going for the "I ran for mayor and got 20% of the vote" resume builder. I will be completely shocked if this election goes to a runoff. Rahm is probably just about to start dumping his cash on that remaining undecided voter category and they will all comply with his propaganda. Going to call it at 55% Rahm, 21% Chuy, 15% Fioretti, 9% other.