View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 8:31 PM

That's pretty cool, d. I actually like that idea way more than just about anything else that's been floated for the spot. If I'd change anything, I'd make the street fronting buildings a bit bigger to accommodate retail and patios on both sides of the buildings. What kind of landscaping are you thinking of in the green areas?

Thanks, roccerfeller. Spread the word!

Cory,

1. I sure hope so. The plans I've seen for Ridgewood South look pretty crappy. I am hopeful, though, since the current plan for the southwest corridor seems to include a spur westward. TODs in the old base, south Charleswood, and in vacant land along Wilkes would go a long way towards making that part of the city less terrible.

2. That makes some sense. Hopefully they'll end up with service to CentrePort if it turns out to be anything more than a white elephant. I would like the Portage rapid transit line to at least reach Assiniboine Park. The city's best and biggest park should be well served by transit so it's accessible to everyone.

3. That's what I've always seen but I'm not sure how it will work. The Mission/Archibald area is a disaster, and connecting the north east line through there would take some work and mahnee. I also like the idea of serving Point Douglas--it would be nice to get some new development happening in Winnipeg's oldest neighborhood.

4. Indeed. North Transcona isn't well served by any kind of transportation right now. Providing great transit access to the residents, future developments, and industries up there is a plain good idea.

5. I agree. Maybe a commuter rail system would make more sense for those towns, although a line running through Lorrette and a few other towns down to Steinbach wouldn't be a bad idea. Ideally, I'd like to see the northern line out of the city reach Winnipeg Beach and Gimli. How cool would that be?

I wish my internet-fu was strong enough to figure out how to make the links better. These are pretty much what google gave me. I was zoomed right in on Winnipeg for the transit map so I don't know why the link shows three provinces and six states. Weird.