View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 10, 2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Ha, nice try though!

$6.00-$7.00 bucks for a hit of meth that keeps you high for 6 hours and craving more is the problem and the associated paranoia and craziness that it brings of course it's not limited to Winnipeg but Winnipeg seems to have many more at risk for addiction!
Yeah, yeah, meth is great. But voting conservative costs nothing, gets you high for four years, with the associated paranoia and craziness... hangover is a doozy though.

Meth was always a thing in Winnipeg but crime was on a clear downward trend until last year, when some serious social problems started showing, with miniature tent cities popping up and a major outbreak in all sorts of petty crime. Like you said, Winnipeg has a lot of people at risk for addiction, and cutting them loose from the social safety net has only changed a modest tax burden into a heavy personal burden born by the victims of crime. Now more people are paying with their lives. But good-ol' Brian Pallister, the king of Costa Rica, left a couple toonies on the kitchen table!

Anyway, I lived in downtown Winnipeg for five years and around other central neighbourhoods for seven years before that. I never had my car broken into in all my years in central Winnipeg, and last year it happened repeatedly, inside my underground parking garage. Anecdotal? Yes. But I'm just glad I've left and no longer have to lament Manitoba's one step forward, fall the fuck on its ass and slide back down the hill style of progress.