Thread: Winnipeg Ice
View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
We (or I) was talking about the shuttle in regards to concerts and other big events. If shows that are currently using the smallest version of BellMTS, or easily selling out/selling 2 shows at The Burt start going to this arena (which is highly likely), it will suck trying to get there.

Everyone know the sound at The Burt is horrendous. A lot of acts will sure decide to go to this new arena instead. It will be interesting to see how the entertainment side plays out, as there's really only two players in this market for booking tours – True North/Live Nation (BellMTS, Burt) and MRG which does indie bands and small hip-hop shows at The Garrick.
I don't think this arena will be a concert venue. It will be 24/7 hockey. This is all about developing hockey infrastructure and selling ice time.

I've also heard TNSE has an exclusive deal to promote concerts over a certain size in the capital region until 2029 that was part of their deal with the province in building MTS Centre. Have not verified this but have heard it from multiple people.