View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 8:39 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
I know, I know, very redundant and I apologize but their is a reason for this. I feel like the Suburban Update thread is for the locals who want to inquire on what's happening and that a single thread in the main Texas section would be to inform the masses who won't/don't access the Suburban thread. Hopefully that ok with everyone, if not, again I apologize.
That's fine. Also, if a project is announced that creates a lot of discussion about it, then it's perfectly fine to have a separate thread about it. This is so that the discussion can happen there, instead of jumbling up the update thread with 10s of replies. The update thread should be a compilation of projects. It'll be a great reference for people who only visit the forum about once a month or so and who want to keep up to date on projects, both new ones being announced, and construction progress.

Also, some developing events may grow into a lot of discussion clogging up the update thread. An example of this was in Austin when we had 3 controversial highrises that were planned near the river. The planning commission shot it down, well anyway, it created a lot of discussion from both sides, either for or against it. It went to 35 replies, so I moved those posts out of the update thread into their own thread where it could be talked about without clogging the update thread.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=139318