View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 1, 2008, 8:19 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftopolis View Post
(I may have to stop calling it "funnyvale")--
Here are some recent pics of the Sunnyvale Downtown project... In a couple of them, you can see how a significant portion of the project will have 4 stories of residential on top of two floors of retail. It looks to be "Santana-Rowish", to those of you familiar with that project in San Jose. At the very least, it's urbanish in the sense that it's heavy on mixed use and a new degree of density for Sunnyvale. It is just a block away from the Caltrain station, btw.

I'm not worried about the delay--it doeasn't sound like a construction delay, rather a leasing/grand-opening issue. Most of the exterior structures are already completed.

I also just came across this live webcam which illustrates my point even better!
Thanks for the links. You can see much progress has taken place. I'm hopeful for Sunnyvale. This might really expand and activate what is currently left of downtown. The remnant of downtown on Murphy Street leads right into the new development, so I hope over time they both become synonymous with "downtown Sunnyvale."

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park