View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixcity View Post
You post this which shows the lack of funding on a national level for infrastructure and transportation yet your desire is for less funding.....Ok, got it. Can you point to one, just one, country run in the libertarian dream world with unchecked capitalism allowing businesses to step in and provide everything a person/community needs?
my point was it was a pile of dung, when someone was trying to point out how great it was. had nothing about funding. there is a lot more to a quality mass transit system than the number of people being moved. As far as funding goes, I'd bet if you dig into it, NY was trying to cut the budget statewide, and this was a big, easy pile of money to cut. they need to get their financial house in order because the entire state is a financial disaster - pre covid. covid just made it worse.

so now they have crap roads and crap subway in NYC. Taxi driver told me the only time they work on the roads there is where there is an election. after the election they send the crews home. his words, not mine. kind of funny, and probably some truth to it.

Here is one from Nov 2019
https://www.democratandchronicle.com...QPNMSb5w3vaDOE