View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 26, 2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
Yes it is very underrated and you can tell because everyone in this thread bashes it. I think it's underrated because many of the high rises were built relatively recently and the city is bilingual so the anglo world is less familiar. There's a weird negativity around Miami in America that you don't hear in regards to California, Texas etc. Miami is much more popular with Europeans and South Americans though.
Yeah, I have to say, I am a bit shocked by the negative responses in this thread.

By no means was I ever saying Miami is up there with the NYCs, Phillys, or even LA, but considering the negativity I DO hear on this forum and even how it's portrayed in the media, I was expecting Miami to be far more sprawly, low-rise, and not particularly dynamic in vibe. Maybe like a Houston. I get it doesn't have a traditional urban form but neither does LA where I live, and I find it exciting actually that so much of the development I see has happened in the last 15 years. To me, it's impressive.

Driving around the metro, there are high rises in all directions, and I don't know, I've seen plenty of cool pockets of walkability that many cities of its size don't offer. Wynwood, the design district, Brickell (up and coming, I know), and all of Miami Beach.

It's not like Miami Beach is just a few blocks, and people seem to write it off because of that. It's a pretty substantial area that offers a really solid urban experience.

Walkscore of Miami

Last edited by destroycreate; Dec 26, 2020 at 1:34 PM.