Thread: Heritage Issues
View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap384 View Post
Spending some time at the Glenbow searching records might be useful in sorting out the history of the lot. Was going to do that awhile ago for some friends houses in Inglewood.

Any pictures of yours?
Hi,

I've used the Glenbow about 6 years ago to find images of my previous home. McDermid Studio clearly was very busy in the 1920's. I got several fantastic prints of the building's construction and so had them mounted and hung throughout the building. I even created a historic plaque using a print from the Glenbow archives of the building and have it permanently fixed to the exterior of the building.

For this current house, however, I haven't found anything on Glenbow.org. Are you suggesting that there maybe more information on site at the museum? My understanding is that all their archives are completely online, however, that may be incorrect. I know that their search engine is not nearly as forgiving as Google, and that shortened terms such as St. and Ave. are not recognized. At this point I have not found any information online.

I see that heritagecalgary.org is active. Anyone from there like to chime in about obtaining renovation grants and tips on renovating?

s.

Last edited by mr.steevo; May 4, 2009 at 1:48 AM.