View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNorberter View Post
I'm not sure how you get to be MLL CEO when your background is in health services. But NDP made A LOT of appointments where clearly the only deciding factor was the person's ties to the party.

I'm not sure how great an idea of a 50,000 sq ft store downtown is, especially if they close ellice and citiplace. It will displace those crowds to that location and I'm not sure that's what TN wants.

Regardless of how bad this decision may or may not be, going public before talking to TN to resolve it is also a pretty bad business decision.
Among major corporations, some are simply great at leading companies. The CEO or Ford Motor Co could very well have been CEO of Hewlett Packard prior to that.

But that's among established elite in the coroporate world. Like, the geniuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
A CEO is a CEO is a CEO. They make business decisions based on numbers. If you are a CEO and want to be hands on, you're not a CEO. IMO anyways.

Just like salesmen. You make a pitch to sell a product, regardless if you believe in it or not.
Actually, this I disagree with. A CEO is a guy who knows how to steer the ship, crunch the numbers, read the market, and BAM when he shows up on the assembly line it turns out he can literally teach those on the product lines how to build better.

A true CEO is an absolute expert in his field, aiding in understanding market and numbers based decisions much better since they KNOW how the sausage gets made.

Contrary to my example above, Automotive execs typically come from within the ranks or from other automotive companies. In certain industries, the CEO skill set carry-over alone is not enough. A car company needs a car guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
I love it when we have Skyscraper love matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKGUY View Post
RE : Flagship Liquor Store...@ TNS
Well, Ron Schuller is a crybaby and does not even live within Winnipeg city limits.
He stirred up a hornets nest and did not check facts before he spoke yet once again.
These non Winnipeg residents annoy me making comments abut downtown when they do not live there nor in Winnipeg proper.
Ehhh, I'm a fan of Ron. He's a pitbull, but he's a good guy. Don't always agree with him but he sticks to his guns, and he's actually a conservative, not a flaky convenient con.

Also, SO WHAT if he lives outside the city? He's with the provincial government! He happens to work downtown. Did we just get elitist about this?

I live juuuust outside the city limits. I work downtown. I can guarantee you that my work and my livelihood is infinitely more dependent on Winnipeg than my municipality.

Lol, "Winnipeg proper".