View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2013, 1:30 AM

Hi. I found this thread not long ago and have been reading it from page 1. Reading the thread is doing serious violence to my spare time, but it's such an enjoyable violence! I'm only up to page 48 but feel as if I've already had a graduate course in LA history. I registered this account just to thank the regulars for their contributions. According to one old entry, you may not think this forum has many users, but I suspect you have many more silent "students" than you know.

I lived in the Security Building downtown (5th and Spring) for a few years and collected some historic information while I was there. In 1906, the bank gave out a freebie street map and railway guide. This forum has helped me make sense of it.

At the risk of this being a repost from the 800 pages I haven't yet looked at, here's the map from the Rumsey Collection.

I also have some original picture postcards the bank put out. It's amazing what you can find on eBay!

Anyway, thanks again so much. I just couldn't read any further without letting you know how fascinating and valuable it is to learn so much history about a place with "no history."

Last edited by sportbiker; Sep 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM. Reason: corrected page number