View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 18, 2012, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpenner View Post
Also your claiming a media bias on a publication that is in itself quite biased to the left, that to me is strange.
I understand, however why comment on a matter when he has no interest in it? That was my point. He could comment on an article - which can be spun in any direction - or he can watch the video and come up with his own conclusion.

In terms of people taking up lanes; it happens all of the time. There was no need to remove them from the lane, traffic was not overly heavy, and the crowd was large enough to be noticed.

Ignoring a police officer is also not an offence. A citizen doesn't have to listen to every command a police officer makes, it was the right of the citizens to decide whether they wanted to move or not. They weren't loitering. Pushing a crowd that size onto a sidewalk doesn't work, as then only a few would spill onto the road. I would rather see a large crowd on the road, thus noticed by oncoming traffic, rather than one or two individuals.

Now don't get me wrong, I want to be a police officer, so I am not one of those who will shout brutality at every case brought forward. But this situation could have been handled better. Since the police were the first - and only - to get aggressive physically, then the onus is on them for what occurred in my opinion.