View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2012, 1:46 AM

I know this is old, but I just read this for the first time;

Quote:
Eadie's email
"So this is how people treat someone who is not trying to be the typical politician. This move deeply hurts me."

"Mike, if you voted for this f---- crap, you are not going to like Community Committee any more. Nobody f---s with my home. I have a definition of density that says no f---- multifamily structures mid block. If this f---- project was at the corner of a feeder street and Scotia, it might be okay with a proper design.

"Rus you are just a f---- a--hole. Your pal could have made lots off f---- money without this crap. I knew you would pull this s--- when you lied to me about Jenny.

"Jeff, how would you feel about pulling this s--- on Kildonan Drive?

"Paula, not sure how you voted, but how would you feel if this crap was pulled on you?"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...-winnipeg.html

Now, I have no problem with Eadie's choice of words, as has been said, they swear to each other all the time behind close doors - which this email was supposed to signify. However why is it that even our Councillors are nimby's?

I am probably going to sound rash and immature here, but I am getting extremely frustrated with the mentality of the citizens of this city. Once again, another ignorant question coming here, but why in the world is everyone so against density in this city? I would much prefer a line of streets filled with multifamily units such as Verve, over single family units.

Am I really the only one who has this mentality, or does someone out there share it. Please lets hear what people have to say on this one.

Are streets such as Balmoral, Westminster and Woseley east of Sherbrooke really that unattractive, and undesirable to people? Because, aside from the exchange I believe West Broadway has the most character in the city. Especially along that stretch of "f---in multi-family structures", as Mr. Eadie so eloquently put it..