View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2010, 10:30 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0773|=\ View Post
That's the thing though. The current Whitemud/Terwilligar interchange has no lights and it still sucks because the city initially cheaped-out on an alignment that should have been a no-brainer.

I don't mean to hi-jack a Winnipeg thread here, but look at the current interchange here, and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Don't make this mistake with your interchange design! Right-lane exits are more predictable to drivers, and don't require traffic to weave accross 2-3 lanes of traffic just to make an exit!
I just checked your link, and that does look a little bizarre. I imagine it must be hard for motorists turning from 53 Ave NW to Terwilliger southbound or vise versa, via the Whitemud. Or is that even possible?

When I was in Edmonton, I only used that intersection twice, as I was turning Eastbound onto the Whitemud, so it wasn't much of a problem. From the looks of the Terwilliger layout, it looks like the city is eventually planning to make the road a limited access highway right to Anthony Henday.