View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 3:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_climber13 View Post
Dockless scooter giant, Lime, is leaving San Diego

"Lime, which was the first e-scooter operator to launch in San Diego in early 2018, is pulling all 4,500 of its scooters from the city, starting January 9. They will join Uber’s Jump and San Francisco-based Skip, which both recently exited San Diego complaining about city regulations."

My 2¢:

Short sighted NIMBYs are killing off a great idea. Electric scooters are one of the most efficient methods of short distance commuting for individuals. They help to relieve congestion in downtown and dense urban cores. They can be used in pre-existing bike lanes, resulting in no new infrastructure to be built and taking commuters off of clogged streets into bike lanes and pathways.
The surface area that a commuter requires on a scooter vs. a Lyft or Uber is multitudes less.
Cities are doing the community a huge disservice by killing off electric scooters and bicycle transportation. The alternative option is to drive or take a ride sharing service to your destination, contributing to CO2 emissions and traffic congestion.

San Diego is the perfect climate for scooter transportation. All I can say is BOOOOO!!!
I agree completely. I use them daily and I love it. Any time I need to go more than 1/2 a mile and don't feel like walking, I jump on