View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
I looked at the exact numbers awhile back, and I'm thinking the percentage was above the 15% needed for consensual inclusion as a CSA (i.e., if representatives of both Kerrville and SA decided to form an SA-Kville CSA), but less than the 25% needed for automatic inclusion by the OMB.

A lot of it will likely hinge on the growth of Boerne as an employment center, since its the closest town to Kerrville with an appreciable number of jobs. As a former resident, I know Kerrville itself is a pretty self-contained area despite identifying with SA on a regional level, and SA (city) is a bit too far for most people to stomach a daily commute between the two cities. If Boerne keeps growing like crazy then its likely more people will live in Kerrville and work in Boerne or vice-versa.
All I know is the gap that "used" to separate Boerne's city limits and SA's is increasingly shrinking at a good clip. I can definitely foresee the gap being completely enclosed within the next 5 years or less. Boerne is really starting to take on it's own identity aside from the identity of old (quiet little town on the outskirts of SA). I saw somewhere (I don't recall the source) quite sometime ago that the population was estimated to be over 10k. I'm anxiously anticipating the rollout of the 2010 population figures. I hope they're more accurate than back in 2000 when SA was grotesquely undercounted!