View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 12:37 PM
Moran supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
The southbound third lane of HWY2 has been opened. As I predicted, this was a waste of money. Everyone still just uses the two left lanes and the right one is unused. Except by me. I could literally see kms ahead with heavy traffic in the left lanes and none in the right. This could be easily helped by adding the new lane on the left rather than the right, though I'm sure the idiots will still just move left once they've realised they can.

No more three laning should be done unless the roads are overcapacity. Albertans have proved they are too stupid to use three lanes effectively and don't deserve them - spend the money on more useful improvements like closing grade intersections.
Odd, when I've been on that section of highway I have seen semi's move over to the right pretty much just after that new third lane starts and other traffic moving over as well from the left lane to the center lane. To me it seems to have been money well spent.