View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2009, 3:34 PM
dReAmWiELdEr

Not dead just quite yet...

I am not sure why this discussion is now posted in the "Never Built" section, as it is still not technically dead... for now the news comes that Kimpton Hotels may be in negotiations with Tony G. about increasing their presence within the tower by agreeing to encompass more floors. (See http://remarkablehomes.blogspot.com/...do-update.html.) This could be partially due to the continued increase on hotel investments in Nashville, even during the economic downturn as witnessed by other hotels within the area; and also because of the new convention center which will increase demand in the very near future... most likely much beyond what the currently planned hotel towers within the convention center project will be able to provide. This makes for a highly profitable stance for such a hotel, so it makes sense to me... and it may even mean they keep the original height and most of the original design of the tower, as it would make more sense to simply convert the lower condo levels to hotel floors instead of having to redesign an entire building.
However, that all being said, I have still have seen no proof of this other than the aforementioned article which definitely is not the final word... but I will keep my eyes peeled.
Has anyone else heard anymore about this?

Last edited by dReAmWiELdeR; Mar 28, 2009 at 5:27 PM.