View Single Post
  #18  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 11:29 PM
Nantais's Avatar
Nantais Nantais is offline
aka GM on SSC
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nantes, Rezé
Posts: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato Ku View Post
Yes Italian, Spanish, British....
More than 60% of french said to have a foreign origin (I talk about old ancestry since the end of the 19th century at now )
It is like USA where about 80% of the population has not pilgrin or indian ancestry.
Well I don't know where you have been reading that, but these figures seem very improbable.
The only figure I've often heard about is that 25 % of French people have at least one grandparent from immigrant origin (meaning that the other three can be from French origin - and meaning that the other 75 % of French people have their 4 grandparents of French origin).
Reply With Quote