View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2007, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraeSlab713 View Post
Charlotte does seem more urban than San Antonio. Just go look at some of the projects going up in its CBD + Uptown.

How are you going to include Corpus Christi and the Valley into San Antonio's market? Both of those places are far away from San Antonio. SA also doesn't have as much disposable income as some of those cities with two pro-teams. Add in Austin, then it probably does. San Antonio-Austin has close to 3.5 million, not over it (if you just add in the metro numbers). Almost 300,000 less actually. Media market is what counts. I don't know how many cities have a metro like Austin a stone's throw away from their own market, you tell me because I can't think of one.

If the Saints could not fully work when they game (some buyouts because games did not sell out), what makes you think they could do it again?

TRAE, like I said I , I grew up in North Carolina and visit there at least once a year. I can guarantee you that lends a greater degree of credibility to my observations. They are from personal experience not from setting in front of a computer in Houston.

Can you even add, the 2005 estimates clearly state San Antonio and Austin have a combined metro of 3,342,326? It is now 2007 and there is over 3.5 million in this area.

The Valley and Corpus Christi are most defiantly in the San Antonio region as far as football is concerned. CC is less than 130 miles and the valley is not much further. Is it so hard to believe people will drive two hours to attend NFL games?

When it comes to disposable income, I am unclear how you are defining it? I was taught it was income after expenses and savings. Clearly, if you make more money in the unnamed towns you speak of, chances are, you are spending more on things such as housing and gas. San Antonio is known for having some of the best values in the Country on both of these among others. So a greater income does not equal more disposable income. Sorry.