View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2007, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
WOW! Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to write articles. The game vs. the Bills had 58,688 fans (6,312 less than the normal capacity of 65,000). The game against the Falcons and Lions had 65,562 (overflow) and 63,747 respectively. That comes out to 22,300 more fans per game in San Antonio than in Baton Rouge for an approximate average of 63,000. Sounds like the NO media tried to downplayed the actual figures for some unknown reason. We won’t go there.
Exactly. I wonder if people commenting actually went to the games. I did, and I can tell you SA gave loud and enthusiastic support to the Saints while they were here. It became very clear to me while sitting in the Alamodome, that SA would wholeheartedly embrace a franchise of their own. Even though this is "Cowboys" country, that is because we have no team. If we did, most people, myself included would root for "our" team not the Cowboys.

That said, when the Saints left, so did our best hope, probably. I don't think the Chargers come here, so now our best hope is if/when the NFL expands by 2 teams to accomodate the LA market.