View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 7:18 PM

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Everyone was all up in arms with the lack of parking down near Mallard Cottage yet the full empty parking lot for the former flake house is pretty much across the street. Couldn't they just lease it out for parking. Its shameful that this place just sits there rotting away. Laws need to change to prevent this kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsell View Post
I’m going to throw this comment in here in the restaurant thread even though it may apply to many other threads, even those not yet thought of.

Friday night I drove through Quidi Vidi Village and was pleased to see Mallard Cottage full (or so it appeared) and dozens of people enjoying the evening outside at the Quidi Vidi Brewery, but I was very disappointed to see the former Flakehouse restaurant falling into disrepair with their prime waterside property roped off dare anyone use it for parking.

When is City Council going to stand up and make something happen down there? I recall seeing a document a few years ago that laid out a great plan to enhance the area and provide more opportunities for public access and business/tourism opportunities. The Plantation is a lovely (although underutilized) building and there is certainly room for similar structures around the water. I realize that there is a history regarding what can and can’t be done with the Flakehouse but to let it stand there falling apart before our eyes is just plain stupid.

I’m tired of hearing the “leave our little village” alone arguments, you’re in the middle of the city, why not drag yourself out of the 19th century.