View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2012, 8:38 PM
Never Dell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
I am going to quote what I said on the One World Trade Center thread to make this clear.

"...One World Trade Center has a higher floor to ceiling ratio for each floor than the Twin Towers had. The Twin Towers each had a floor to ceiling ratio of about 12 feet. One World Trade Center has a floor to ceiling ratio of 13'4 feet. Another difference is the mechanical floors which are equivalent to two office floors in height. Put that together and One World Trade Center would have about 104-105 floors. It is still technically a building that goes over 100 floors. The floor count is different though, and I am sure that some of you are mad that we are getting 105 floors when the Twin Towers stood at 110 because it's a loss of 5 floors, but it is just as tall as the Twin Towers were."
That would be a bizarrely high floor-to-ceiling. You presumably mean floor-to-floor height.

Nobody measures buildings by floor-to-ceiling...it varies within each space, room to room and depending on beams, mechanical, etc.